CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Potato Chips

Hurray for trying to make new foods! Last night Josh and I made the typical hamburgers but for a new twist on things, we decided to try to make homemade potato chips. It was an interesting experience for me, but I was very pleased with the results. They actually tasted like potato chips similar to ones you buy in the store! The only downside to this experimenting was that they take a bit longer to make, especially when you don't have a deep fryer. And you have to soak the potato slices in ice water for at least 30 mins...

Well today so far has been a very disappointing day. After I dropped Josh off at school I came home to do my usual email checking and such, only to find that BYU does not want me. Sad day. Very sad day. However, I was sort of expecting to not get in because of the past two years while at college I have not been the most studious person ever. Which means my grades weren't exactly perfect. So all of my hopes and dreams were flushed down the drain in one simple click. Time to reroute my career path, which is not going to be fun. But I know that there is a reason and purpose to why I did not get in, God has a different plan or idea for my future. I will just have to trust a little more in Him and let Him guide my steps. God's ideas are better than mine anyway :)

1 comments:

Rachael said...

darn, sorry to hear you didn't get in. something good will come out of it though!

Post a Comment